ISWI 2021 application
If you want to apply click here.
- You must be at least 18 years old and be a student at the time of the conference (May 28, 2021).
- We can only accept applications in English since the conference language is English.
- The deadline for student’s in Schengen countries is December 20th.
- We will keep you updated for further changes regarding the application process.
- Note: The difference between deadlines is esablished due to the time needed to complete the visa process and the COVID-19 situation.
- Do not copy any texts from the Internet, books, friends or other sources. Mark every quotation and state the source. Applications containing plagiarism will not be taken into consideration!
- At the moment, we do not advise you to apply with a Gmail Account, as the provider has difficulties receiving our emails (e.g. confirmation mail). To ensure a smooth process before the end of the deadline, we advise you to choose a different email provider for the purpose of applying
- The deadline for the application has been extended to November 18th for students currently outside Schengen countries (at 11:59 pm Central European Time).
The application consists of 2 steps:
- Register an account for your application by entering your email address and confirming the link we send to you.
- Fill in your personal data.
- State details about your studies.
- State any preferences you have concerning your stay.
- Select the working group you would like to participate in during the conference (You can state your three top preferences, but you will only be able to take part in one group, according to our capacities). Check out here what programme we offer for ISWI 2021.
- Write your application (2 short essays, each between 200 and 500 words):
- Essay 1: The topic of ISWI 2021 is “Climate Change, Environmental Conservation, and Sustainability” and our motto is “Our Future, Our Resonsibility – There is no Plan(et)!”. What does the topic mean to you? What comes to your mind, when you read our motto? What is your motivation to join ISWI 2021 (you must write between 200 and 500 words)?
- Essay 2: Above, you chose the working group that you would like to join during ISWI 2021. What was the reason for your 1st wish? What is your personal connection to that topic? Please explain your choice briefly (you must write between 200 and 500 words).
- Tell us briefly about your experience (international experiences, social commitments, NGO work etc.)
- Submit your application by clicking on the green “Send Application” button.
Tip: Use a text document to compose your essays before you apply. This way, you can take your time to write the essays. Furthermore, your essays won’t get lost when your Internet connection breaks down.
We will start reading your application as soon as you click on the green “Send Application” button. This needs to be done before the deadline, or your application will not be considered. The whole process of evaluating the applications can last up to two months. Afterwards, you will receive an email indicating whether or not you have been invited for ISWI 2021. We will send that information presumably at the end of January 2021. Those who have been chosen to participate in ISWI 2021 will get an official invitation by that email, too.
We are sorry that, due to limited capacities, we won’t be able to accept all applicants. We wish you good luck and a successful application!